by Gary Yourofsky - In Critic
This article was translated. If you find any mistake - please help to improve the article and send your correction to email
This article is a critic review of the popular lecture of Gary Yourofsky. In that lecture, the lecturer lying, deceiving, presents information "alike science" and boasts of his crimes, all with great aplomb. The things he said are not moral, and not ecological, healthy and same will say also aren't tasty
- Gary claims that a person body structure designed to eat only plants - Herbivores. His claim is not correct. From biology point of view - a person is all-eating - Omnivore ( Source ).
A human being is not considered to be a plant-eater creature like a cow: some of his teeth are partly similar ( in an untrained eye) to those of herbivores and some other are like predators, he cannot digest cellulose, and if he is vegan, then he needed to complete nutritional B12, i.e., he cannot get everything from plants, but on the other hand, there are vital substances he can mostly get from plants such as vitamin C. The human stomach produced digestive enzymes to digest elastin, which is type of protein that found only in animal-product. Human, like mice and rats which are also omnivores, are common in many parts of the world, where there are very large differences of the existing food supply nearby. Because he is an all-eater, he could live with many types of foods, and adapt to it, despite the differences.
In any case to decide in that issue, we have to ask a specialist in biology / zoology / nutrition, and not asking uneducated lecturer in that field. The lecturer, the demagogue, not even bothering to tell the public that this is his personal opinion, which is completely contrary to a very broad scientific agreement.
Gary gives is a signs for his false claim, including the nail structure, or a human is not breathing with his tongue out, and therefore concludes Gary, a human is not supposed to eat meat or animal product at all, and the human body is designed to herbivore. Gary is lying / mistaken / distort - these signs do not indicate what should be the diet. There are carnivores or omnivores without these signs. For example, a snake it's without nails and eat mice and lizards. Those of the monkeys that eat both meat - have claws similar to a person (without claws).
There are vegetarian primates, predator primates and omnivorous primates. Everyone of them have nails. This is one of the primates-order characteristics. On the left side Gorilla, vegetarian.
At right picture of a Tarsier. The Tarsiers are carnivores, predators! They have no claws, but Nails (source: Tarsier - Wikipedia , based on Encyclopedia of Mammals).
(The images are from Http://commons.wikimedia.org ). The picture of the tarsier - by Kok Leng Yeo, picture of the gorilla - by Raul654)
Gary says: "claws are a trademark of the carnivore and the omnivore". One thing is what Gary says, and one thing is the reality. At the image above: snake swallow young rat - you can see only the tail of the rat sticking out, but you can't see "snake-claws" because none of the snake has.
- While that eating low-fat meat and eating low-fat dairy products is healthy, and clearly say by all the formal organizations based on science, Gary claims that it's not the case, and there is "2 to 1 ratio, showing that meat, cheese, milk and eggs are responsible for every major disease". He does not give us any empirical foundation, he just says it with a great self-confidence. He lie in that saying.
- He claims that milk causes osteoporosis, which is also not true. Moreover vegans who do not consume dairy products have more fractures then non-vegans, and thus they endanger themselves (Source ).
Picture form 55 min, and 50-55 s'
- The lecture with many scientific errors. For example, he repeat 4 times that hen's eggs - is a period (menstruation). There is no womb to any hen, then surely there isn't period to hen (period or menstruation is discharge of mucosal-womb when there is no pregnancy in a woman). He also say that honey is vomit. Vomit in a person, is when the body emits food that isn't fully digested, because of "fault". The production of honey in a bee is not such.
- He shows horror
movies who are
example the dolphins in the movie. These photos
but did you eat
dolphin? - I guess not.
two videos shown, in the other one of them he shows some cowshed workers beating cows just to
hurt and abuse them.
Do you think that an average cowman get up in the morning and a sadistically beating his
You can be sure that he doesn't show any animal that are killed for vegetarian food, such as a poisoned
mice which dying with great suffering and doesn't arrived to her puppies, which
also dying slowly with a great suffering, Farmer who raises animals for meat, sends them to slaughter with much less
If the mother dies, the farmer continues to take care the offspring, that thing
doesn't happened to animals like a rat/hedgehog/mouse.
You can also show other bias movies to the other side, for example, a happy pasture cow, while for the vegetarian food dying more animals like cute raccoons.
- He compares people who use animals to Nazis and murderers. However, if the mass and deliberate killing means to be a murder or being a Nazi, then that's exactly what they do to in vegan agriculture - destroying the natural surface, and next to it poisoning many animals in purposely and systematically.
- There are much more lies and distortions, for example, he recommends food and claims it is without chemical, but he lies (for example check the Smart-Bacon, it contain potassium chloride), or he says there is no difference between the taste of meat and meat-analogue, or at the beginning if the lecture an announcer compares Gary to the actions of Jesus and of Martin Luther King, and many more nonsense lecture.
When some of Gary's devotees understood that many things in the lecture are incorrect, they have responded: "Well, that does not matter, because he is morally right, so this still a good lecture with a good lecturer ". My reply: first, if the lecture is with so many errors, lies, and distortions - how can it be a good?. Secondly if he lies and distorts so much - is it ethical?. If you know about the problems, how can you morally recommend it to innocent person?.You can't build a moral theory based on nonsense and lies, and he also wants to impose by force the false ideas, preach for using violence and performed such acts himself. It is immoral.
Lecturer who lies and distorts openly, with great aplomb, without guilt, and with a history of prison and charm - it's not good. It may be a psychopathic disorder. Please note that this is not an innocent man who make mistake in a casual conversation on the street. This is a man who was preparing for lectures, received comments from the audience and in other ways like e-mail - it cannot be accidental that are so many errors and failures, without it being done deliberately
People are abuse due to his nonsense. He did not offer us a way of life which is a criterion, for example, to what is healthy, moral, economic, ecological, instead of it offers us a Torah which its criterion is what a vegan , and by using lies and distortions he try to convince us that it will give us good health, morality and so on. The reason that the Ministry of Health and other agencies based on science recommend eating meat and milk, it's because it's healthy. They are not the liars, but Gary.
If you did not find any problems on his speeching, you are in a bad state, because it is very easy to deceive you. There are lots of things inaccuracies. The crowd trouble to withstand Gary's distortion and tricks, although at least some of them are easy to detect.
Not enough the problems with him, even his supporters wanted enter with his lecture to schools and to the media, and in some cases succeeded, while they praise his YouTube show as "Best Speech You Will Ever Hear".
The purpose of this paper is not to harm animals. Although there is no such thing "world without any suffer and death", there are deaths and suffering that can be prevented. How? One should check what causes suffering and death, and what isn't. Gary did not do it, but instead he checks what a vegan and what is not. For example, one bull that grow at pasture can live a good life, and give about half a ton of good meat, and all of that at a price of one animal died, and its slaughter is with a little suffering. For half a ton of vegan food with complete protein , B12, iron and other important things that the meat has - more animals dying and suffering from spraying, pest control, destruction of natural surface or poisoned mother that doesn't come to her babies and the poor creature die with great suffer. Yourofsky even against free animals at pasture, and want to impose his warped perception with using violence and crimes. Characteristics of a psychopath did we say it before?
Finally, Gary said (begging in 9 minutes nine and 28 seconds) "The propaganda from the animal abusers is enormous ... HAVE SOME MORE MEAT! HAVE SOME MORE CHEESE "... And later (from minute 10 and 12 again) "And then what do you see interspersed between those advertisements? Not feeling so well? Need to see a cancer specialist? How about a heart doctor?
Well - here are the advertisement that Google choose for you at that site. You can check yourself now. Maybe you'll find something interesting for you... Hope you enjoy.
For some more topics on Gary's lecture click here.